Designer Kevin O’Brien launches into bedding
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/8/2009 8:29:00 AM
New York -- Kevin O’Brien Studio opened this week at ABC Home featuring the designer’s first full bedding collection.
O’Brien, known for hand-made, hand-painted fabrics -- particularly velvets -- has had decorative pillows and other accessories for several years in ABC, along with Barney’s and Bergdorf Goodman. He also does some home accessories projects for Anthropologie.
The collection includes duvet covers, sheeting, quilted washable silk coverlets and a host of decorative pillows. The hand-printed and hand-painted items are produced at O’Brien’s studio in Nepal. Sheeting is woven in Italy and embroidered in Vietnam.
“We’re always striving to preserve the art and craft of design,” said O’Brien. “All of our products are made by hand in a socially conscious manner.”
O’Brien creates the original artwork himself. The three duvet covers in the inaugural collection include two embroideries and one velvet. Retails run from $745 to $1,100.
Coverlets are available in five colors: white, aqua, dark brown, taupe and olive. Sheets are offering in three varieties: white with gray embroidery, white with blue embroidery and cream with brown embroidery.
“The coordinates are all simple with interesting details,” said O’Brien.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...