Shaw to acquire Beaulieu facilities
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/7/2002 12:00:00 AM
Dalton, GA — Shaw Industries Inc. and Beaulieu of America announced the signing of two separate letters of intent for Shaw Industries to acquire certain Beaulieu facilities.
In the first transaction, Shaw Industries will acquire Beaulieu's Aiken, SC, nylon yarn manufacturing facility.
"It's a state-of-the-art filament nylon yarn extrusion facility," Julius Shaw, executive vp, Shaw Industries, told HTT.
In the second transaction, Shaw will acquire from South Richmond Chemical LLC a 45 percent interest in Georgia Monomers Company LLC, a joint venture with DSM of North America Inc., which owns the remaining 55 percent interest in an Augusta, GA, chemical plant that produces catrolactam.
The deal is expected to close within 30 days to 60 days, or by late March.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...