Softline unveils green line: Evidence of Evolution
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/24/2008 1:33:00 PM
Gardena, Calif. – With the motto “Beauty today & a more beautiful tomorrow,” Softline Home Fashions has launched Evidence of Evolution, a developing line of eco-friendly fabrics and finished goods.
“Some of the retailers are looking for this,” Softline principal Jason Carr told HTT. “They know there will be some increase in the cost factor, but they are looking for more choices in fabrics and draperies with both elegance and green credentials.”
Softline is still developing the initial Evidence of Evolution line, which will debut as fabrics and window panels in September at the New York Home Fashions Market.
“We’ll have grommets and different types of top treatments,” said Carr. “We’re trying to perfect some embroidery; flocking and other applications on top of the fabric are still challenging from an ecological point of view.”
Evidence of Evolution will feature some mixed cotton goods and some 100% cottons, Carr said. Products will include an RePET line using recycled material, and the Ecoya color process, a dope dyeing technique that dramatically cuts chemical and water usage and slashes waste water pollution.
“Even the containers have to be eco-friendly,” Carr remarked. “It’s the art of perception in curtains.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...