Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/2/2002 12:00:00 AM
Sears taps KFC vet Cosby
Former KFC executive Mark Cosby has been named president, full-line stores at Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Cosby, who reports to Sears chairman and ceo Alan Lacy, will lead all aspects of the full-line store organization, including merchandising, operations and supply chain.
He had served as coo at KFC U.S.A since 2000, leading company and franchise operations. Prior to that, he was chief development officer for Tricon Global Restaurants Inc., heading development and execution of a business strategy for KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut restaurants since 1997.
Fred's posts record sales
Discount general merchandiser Fred's announced it had record sales for the first nine months of the year. The retailer increased total sales 22.2 percent to $778.9 million, coupled with a 12.5 percent comp-store climb. Net income for the third quarter rose 44.0 percent to $7.4 million. Its comp-store customer traffic increased 5.3 percent for the quarter, and the average transaction grew 5.0 percent to $16.76. Turns also improved 5.0 percent over last year, to 4.25. In addition, executives also discussed the one major shift in its holiday marketing plan, of moving its television ad schedule closer to Christmas.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...