Huntsman trims costs, ramps up Asia focus
-- Home Textiles Today, 2/13/2009 12:11:00 PM
Basel, Switzerland – Textile dye and chemical producer Huntsman said its Textile Effects division has completed its restructuring, with a new focus on Asian markets.
“The sales and customer support organization in Asia is now the largest in Textile Effects, consistent with the latest trends in market requirements as well as current forecasts of future business development potential,” the company stated.
Some research and technology assets have been relocated to the division’s Panyu, China facility, while a team in Mumbai, India is also being expanded. These moves coincide with what the company called “a major consolidation of the division's sales offices and laboratories” … “taking place in many countries.”
Meanwhile, Huntsman said, “the division has suspended production for up to seven weeks at its largest site,” in Basel, where one-third of the workforce will work a short-time schedule.
With all factors included, Huntsman, expects to achieve $60 million in annual savings.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...