Heimtextil Spotlights Young Designers
-- Home Textiles Today, 1/11/2010 12:00:00 AM
Frankfurt, Germany —
A design contest for young Israeli designers has been added to the expanding program of design activities at Heimtextil here this week.
Four finalists are presenting their interior design collections in the foyer of Hall 1.1.
The program was developed in conjunction with the Israeli Textile and Fashion Association. The work of eight designers was selected in the first round, from which the four finalists were selected.
Young designers also will be showcased in “rooms for free @.V” association for the Campus, a joint stand coordinated and designed by the European art and design academies taking part in the trade fair. The academies come from many countries including Denmark, Bulgaria, Estonia, France, Turkey and Spain.
The 20th Heimtextil Trends special show again will focus on new ideas with an unequivocal emphasis on the future, said Detief Braun, member of the Board of Management of Messe Frankfurt.
The Trend presentation is developed over the prior year with design experts representing design studios from Japan, Great Britain, France, the Netherlands, Germany – and for the first time, Sweden.
Another design competition – Young Contract Creations Award: Wall – will showcase the six finalists who are students of architecture, interior architecture, art and product design. The students were asked to design a façade or interior of a bar, café or restaurant in the style of the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Havana.
The designs will be produced and presented in a special show in Hall 5.0, stand B35.
The Young Contract Creations Award: Upholstery produced more than 70 entries. All submitted designs will be shown in a special exhibition in Hall 4.1, stand F51.
We would love your feedback!
- Mar 14, 2012
- Jan 24, 2012
- Dec 13, 2011
- Dec 17, 2008
- Nov 13, 2008
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...