More executive moves at Linens ’n Things
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/28/2006 1:45:00 PM
Clifton, N.J. -- In a further fine-tuning of the core merchandising area at big-box retailer Linens 'n Things, Scott Silver and Loretta Groller, both divisional vps, have each been promoted to senior vp.
Their promotions follow by only days the unexpected resignation of Jane Gilmartin, executive vp and chief merchandising officer, after just nine months on the job.
There has been no word on when or if Gilmartin's post will be filled. Also empty for months, since the resignation of Jack Moore, is the post of president and coo.
The changes so far seem to be the first moves made by newly named ceo Robert DeNicola to put his stamp on the organization.
Silver, who joined the retailer in 2000 as a dmm, was promoted to vp in August 2001 and divisional vp in April 2005. He most recently led the bath area, including towels, bath rugs, decorative bath, functional bath and personal care. In addition to bath, he had responsibilities for housewares, including cleaning, storage and organization, cookware, kitchen organization, cooking accessories and food.
Groller, whose responsibilities include the textiles division, has been with the retailer since March 1997, joining the company as a buyer. She was promoted to dmm in April 2000, was named a vp in August 2002, and became a divisional vp in April 2005. Her textiles division responsibilities include sheets, fashion bedding, alternative bedding, window, down, duvets, pillows and pads, kitchen textiles, table linens and placemats, blankets, throws, decorative pillows and furniture covers.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...