Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/18/2009 12:00:00 AM
Jo-Ann Sales up in First Quarter
Jo-Ann Stores reported sales for the first quarter ended May 2 rose 3.1% for $460 million. Comps rose 1.0% on top of a 4.5% comp gain in last year's first quarter. The company will report its full quarterly results May 27.
Sears Extends Acxiom Marketing Relationship
Sears Holdings Corporation has renewed a three-year agreement with interactive marketing services firm Acxiom.
Acxiom provides consumer analytics to help companies craft their marketing strategies. Acxiom also helps retailers develop plans with multiple touch-points for more personalized marketing.
Delia's Opens 100th Store
Direct marketer and retailer Delia's announced the opening of its 100th store in Baton Rouge at the Mall of Louisiana. The company, which sells apparel, accessories and bedroom furnishings to girls age 12 to 19, ended fiscal year 2008 with 97 stores. It plans to open 12 new units this year.
Bon-Ton to Revamp Carson Pirie Scott unit in Mount Prospect, Ill.
The Bon-Ton Stores Inc. this summer will begin a renovation project of its Carson Pirie Scott Randhurst Village store in Mount Prospect, Ill.
The 280-unit regional department store chain, which has a presence in 23 states, said the remodeling is scheduled to coincide with the redevelopment of Randhurst Village into an alfresco lifestyle center with retail, restaurants, entertainment and a hotel. This three-story, 205,000-square-foot Carson Pirie Scott unit "will emulate the look and ambiance of the reconfigured center," the retailer said.
Completion of the renovation of the store is expected for fall 2010.
"The primary objective of our remodel is to reallocate space and realign departments to maximize productivity and create a new environment that enhances the customer's shopping experience," said Bud Bergren, president and ceo. "We believe the new lifestyle Randhurst Village will be a premiere retail center and very inviting for our customers in this market. We are also pleased that we will have the capacity to offer a greater selection of merchandise as a result of the renovation."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...