HFPA publishes voluntary standards for bedding
-- Home Textiles Today, 3/4/2010 1:37:00 PM
New York -- The Home Fashion Products Association (HFPA) has published a voluntary standard for the makers of quality residential bed sheets, aimed at helping customers receive high-quality products.
The requirements for Residential Bed Sheets include fabric performance, thread count standards, environmental characteristics of product and packaging, finished product measurements, fabric types, and labeling. Tests described in this standard must be performed under laboratory conditions by an internationally recognized testing laboratory.
“Because HFPA members are devoted to high product quality, we wanted to take a leadership role in creating a uniform set of standards and definitions so that retailers and consumers can be sure that they are receiving the products for which they are paying,” said Jeff Hollander, chair of the HFPA standards committee and executive chairman of Hollander Home Fashions.
The bed sheet standard is the first in what will be a series of standards. The next one on the committee’s docket is towels.
The complete residential bed sheet standard is available for HFPA Members free of charge (email email@example.com for your member copy). The charge for non-members is $35.
“We expect that the standards created by the committee and upheld by the association will be embraced by the industry and that adherence to them will be viewed by manufacturers, retailers and consumers as a mark of quality,” said Rich Roman, president, HFPA.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...