QVC Taps Wal-Mart Exec Watts
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/17/2007 12:00:00 AM
West Chester, Pa. —
Interactive retailer QVC has hired Wal-Mart evp merchandising Claire Watts, naming her president of U.S. commerce, effective May 1, 2008; she will join QVC on Jan. 8.
Watts will report to QVC president and ceo Mike George. She will oversee planning, programming, merchandising, broadcasting, TV sales, and QVC.com for the U.S. operation. She also will play a key role in extending the QVC brand among existing and new customers and driving growth across all platforms.
With Wal-Mart 10 years, she previously worked in merchandising and product roles at Paul Harris, The Limited, and Land's End. Watts started her retail career in the May Co. executive training program.
In recent months, QVC has launched its first-ever national ad campaign, redesigned QVC.com, and updated its on-air studio sets.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...