Mahdavi's shifts to larger facility
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/9/2002 12:00:00 AM
NORCROSS, GA —
Area rug manufacturer and importer Mahdavi's Inc. recently re-located its corporate offices to new facilities in Norcross, GA, from the company's old site in the neighboring town of Doraville.
The new site will house the company's administrative, customer service, distribution, manufacturing and marketing functions, Mark Mahdavi, president, said.
"This is a very exciting time for Mahdavi's as we expand all areas of our company," he added. "We will more than double our customer service, IT and distribution areas as we prepare to support the manufacturing of our machine woven products on the newest and most sophisticated looms in America."
In other company news, Shields Smith Jr. was recently appointed to the newly created position of executive vp, marketing and business development.
Smith formerly worked for Atlanta-based Burlington Rug Corp. as vp of marketing.
In his new post, he is responsible for strategic growth, marketing, licensing, advertising and public relations for the company.
He reports directly to Mark Mahdavi, president.
"We are excited to have Shields join our management team," Mahdavi said. "His leadership skills, creativity and years of successful experience will be a great asset in moving our company to the next plateau."
Mahdavi's is a privately held corporation that has been manufacturing and importing rugs in America since 1983. It offers an assortment of hand-hooked, hand-tufted, hand-knotted and machine-woven rugs.
The company has showrooms in Atlanta, High Point and New York.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...