Iommazzo named Scalamandré Silks president
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/5/2007 10:27:00 AM
New York — Luxury fabric source Scalamandré Silks has named Robert Iommazzo as its president, the first time in 80 years that the company has appointed a non-family member to head the company.
Mark Bitter and Robert Bitter will be co-CEOs of the company founded by their grandfather. Previously, they were co-presidents.
Mark Bitter will continue to be responsible for sales, marketing, new business development and strategic planning. Robert Bitter will continue to manage product development, design, restoration, trim manufacturing and the Scalamandré Art Studio and Archives.
“Bob Iommazzo is ideally suited to lead Scalamandré’s charge as a global luxury home furnishings company,” said Mark Bitter. “As we increase our product mix and move into the next phase of our broader expansion strategy, Bob’s experience will be invaluable for helping to spearhead our growth.”
Scalamandré sells its fabric, wall coverings, furniture and trim through its 22 company and agent showrooms. The company plans to enter new product categories and diversify its distribution channels. Iommazzo also will explore strategic alliances and financial partners.
Iommazzo has more than 35 years of experience in finance and senior management positions. Before joining Scalamandré he was a principal in a regional consulting and restructuring firm specializing in assisting companies with the development and implementation of their business plan and related financing needs. He has been president and CEO of two companies in the distribution of giftware and related products.
(This story was written by Susan Andrews, fabric editor of HTT sister publication Furniture Today.)
We would love your feedback!
- Aug 21, 2012
- Apr 22, 2013
- Dec 26, 2012
- Dec 4, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...