GLM joins with U.K. group to protect copyrights
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/12/2003 12:00:00 AM
WHITE PLAINS, NY —
WHITE PLAINS, NY George Little Management (GLM) has formed a partnership with Anti Copying in Design (ACID) to help prevent copyright infringement at its tradeshows.
ACID is a United Kingdom-based member organization committed to fighting copyright theft.
Starting this month at SURTEX, which runs concurrently with the International Contemporary Furniture Fair at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York, ACID will provide exhibitors in GLM-managed events with intellectual property information, education and legal assistance.
A key piece of the relationship will be an educational seminar, "Copyright Infringement Protecting Your Art and Design," on May 19 as part of the SURTEX Conference Program. The seminar will feature Dids MacDonald, ceo, ACID, and Jamie Silverberg, director of litigation, Intellectual Property Group.
MacDonald noted, "We believe that through the management and prevention of copyright infringement, designers and manufacturers will be better equipped to protect their intellectual property. This partnership with GLM allows us to export ACID's formula, which has proven successful in Europe, to the United States."
Prior to the Javits shows, GLM will distribute ACID's "copyright infringement tip sheets" to exhibitors.
ACID and GLM are still determining which shows following the March shows will have an ACID presence.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...