Macy's 'Find It' at 200,000 Hits a Day
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/15/2008 12:00:00 AM
Tying its stores and e-commerce efforts more tightly together is yielding positive results for Macy's Inc., as its "Find It In Store" service continues to build, the company said last week.
"Macy's and Bloomingdale's customers increasingly are multi-channel customers, shopping both online and in-store," said Terry Lundgren, chairman, president and ceo, noting, "We continue to find that customers who shop both our stores and our sites buy more than twice as much from us compared to those who shop either channel exclusively."
With the online Find It In Store service, shoppers seeking a particular item can check its size and color availability at a local store. The company said it is "connected to most of the approximately 70,000 items available for purchase" on the macys.com site.
Going the other way, a test program in Florida gives Macy's in-store shoppers the opportunity to place orders online at any checkout counter.
The company said, "About 10% of shoppers who browse macys.com to research a product ultimately will buy that specific item in a Macy's store within 10 days," adding the Find It In Store function is now being used about 200,000 times each day.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...