Moda Unica Previews Spring/Summer Fabrics
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 1/11/2010 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Taking a slightly more conservative stance than it did for spring/summer 2010, Moda Unica previewed its fashion and fashion fabrics and accessories outlook for spring/summer 2011 here last month.
In a presentation at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Moda Unica showed the directions it will present in Milan in February: the famed Italian flair for slightly over the top directions, somewhat tempered by the realities of the global economy. The group's trend experts noted a move toward a rediscovery of personal pleasure, handmade items, natural objects and true emotions.
While the green and eco trend prevails, the technology advances by the Italian textiles industry and its innovations are still evident. Overall trends include denim, gingham checks, toile and basic jersey – all used in contemporary ways. Digital prints with overprinting techniques also are significant.
Overall, the themes focus on practicality with a simplistic point of view and a sense of humor, a natural direction in beauty and creativity.
Among the key directions are: Linen and similar natural fibers are key as well as “techno” fibers; worn and faded aspects with crinkling and puckering; uneven tints, bleaching, tie dye effects.
Four themes were introduced: For the Better, a natural practicality and ease of use; For Fun, a subtle sense of humor and joy for relaxation; Full Bloom, a floral direction that exudes charm; and Full Sun, a range of fabrics and accessory trims with vigor and energy.
Within each theme are myriad ideas for the home textiles business in product development down the road.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...