Pierre Deux in Designer's Challenge
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/12/2007 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York —Decorative fabric resource Pierre Deux is raising money for charity with a Designer's Challenge that will culminate in the awarding of a national winner here later this month.
Forty national contestants were given a simple Parson's chair and four yards of Pierre Deux fabric. They were instructed to create a French Country chair that incorporated Pierre Deux toile in its design.
The chairs, along with information about their design inspiration, a designer bio and the designer's regional charity affiliation, were displayed for several weeks in 10 regional markets, where shoppers voted for their favorite. At each location, 10% of the final event day's sales were donated to the regional winner's charity.
The 10 regional winners will move on to final judging in New York by a VIP panel of design industry judges on Nov. 14 at the Ocre shop in SoHo. The winner will receive coverage in a spring 2008 issue of Traditional Home magazine. The 10 finalist chairs will be put up for purchase in a silent auction to raise money for Aid to Artisans, a non-profit that works with craftsmen in developing countries.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...