Home Biz Struggling
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/10/2005 12:00:00 AM
It's not just May that isn't living up to expectations — the entire home business, chain-wide, was singled out as a significant weak spot by Karen Hogue, Federated executive vice chairman and chief financial officer, in a conference call with analysts and investors.
“The area of weakness that we think will continue as we go through October and the fourth quarter is home, which has continued to be weak,” said Hogue. “By the way, its weak everywhere.”
And, she emphasized, “Its not just a function of the centralization” of home operations throughout Federated. Unfortunately, the centralization has not given us the benefits we had anticipated yet. But we don't think it's hurt the business at all.”
The home business, she added is weak throughout Federated, including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, and “much weaker in the May division.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...