Sunham Hires Art Director, Adds Techniques
Extra Layer on Comforters Creates Loftiness
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 4/25/2005 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — As part of an ongoing expansion, Sunham Home Fashions recently hired a new art director, Jolanta Pienczykowski.
Prior to working at Sunham, Pienczykowski was a senior designer at Sure Fit for three years. She brings expertise in marketing and graphic design from years of experience in the apparel and home textile industries.
In other news, Sunham introduced a new technique for comforters in which it adds an extra layer of batting on the top of the comforter for loftiness that is then quilted. Another new addition was reversible coverlets that are stitched on both sides in an array of colors.
The company also introduced Comficore, a patent-pending technology in bath rugs that features a raised center layer on the bottom for better support and coverage. The new technique was applied to six styles of bath mats at the New York Home Textiles Market.
Other new rug techniques involved a mix of materials and constructions. For example, the Artisan collection featured coiled rope on the outer rim and a hand-tufted design in the center. There were also natural wovens in bamboo, leather and flat weaves. An emphasis is being placed on wool accent rugs in an effort to move into the living room.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...