Dollar General Taps Thorpe for Soft Lines
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/15/2006 12:00:00 AM
Goodlettsville, Tenn. — —
Goodlettsville, Tenn. — Dollar General has appointed James Thorpe to senior vp and general merchandise manager of seasonal, home and apparel.
Along with Rita Branham, a Dollar General veteran who was promoted in March to senior vp and gmm of consumables, Thorpe will help develop, direct and execute merchandising strategies for the company. Both Branham and Thorpe report to Beryl Buley, division president of merchandising, marketing and supply chain.
Thorpe previously served as the vp, gmm of hard home for Sears Holding Corp., where he formerly was vp of business development, dmm of consumer electronics, appliances buyer and commercial sales manager.
“Jim comes to us with exceptional skills and experience in an important merchandise area for Dollar General,” said Buley. “He has a sound track record of galvanizing his team and raising the performance of key categories. Jim is an excellent addition to the Dollar General team.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...