Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/21/2002 12:00:00 AM
Long-time industry vet Tomchin to retire
After a long career, design veteran Julian Tomchin is planning to retire Feb. 1. Tomchin, who has been senior vp, special merchandising projects, at Macy's West since 1993, has spent his career in design, which includes such positions as vp, all creative services, Fieldcrest Cannon; senior vp at Bloomingdale's, where he also opened a home furnishings design office; and design director for the Wamsutta and Pacific brands. He has received many awards, including the HFPA's Paradigm and HomeTex Design awards, the Vogue award and the Coty award.
Lambert to Join Hanover as cfo
Effective Jan. 28, Edward Lambert will assume the role of executive vp and cfo of Hanover Direct, succeeding Brian Harriss, who is resigning to "support family priorities," said Thomas Shull, chairman, president and ceo. Lambert previously spent nine years as managing director and co-founder of Meridian Ventures, where he was cfo of Barney's New York and executive vp of Tecstar. Since the second half of 2001, Lambert has advised Hanover Direct on matters of strategic analysis and valuation related to potential asset dispositions. Harriss will continue to advise the company over the next year.
Big Lots' senior vp, merchandising promoted to gmm
Broadline closeout retailer Big Lots promoted John Johnson to the position of senior vp, gmm. Johnson has been with the company since 1989, when he joined Pic 'N 'Save/MacFrugal's as import buyer. His most recent position was senior vp, merchandising. Besides continuing to oversee the seasonal and home divisions, he assumes the additional responsibility for domestics, furniture, apparel, sporting goods and toys.
Federated Direct names Carracino senior vp, merchandising
Marilyn Carracino has joined Bloomingdale's Direct as senior vp for merchandising, reporting to Franz Weiglein, president, Bloomingdale's Direct. Carracino was most recently at Saks Fifth Avenue, where she served as senior vp of Sak's Folio and saksfifthavenue.com for the past two years.
Saks Consolidates credit center
Saks Inc. plans to consolidate certain credit card functions currently located in Elmhurst, IL, into its credit card services center located in Jackson, MS. The consolidation will begin immediately and is scheduled for completion by May.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...