Winger, Former Owen Manager, Dies
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/25/2008 12:00:00 AM
Flat Rock, N.C. —
Industry veteran Stephen Winger died Jan. 24 at age 60 of cancer.
Winger was a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and studied with the Lacoste Institute in Paris, France. He began his career at Dan River, moving on to Beacon Manufacturing in Dallas, Bibb in Chicago and then Owen Manufacturing in Swannanoa, N.C., where he spent 15 years and managed the Wal-Mart and Kmart accounts.
In addition to his parents, Maurice Winger Jr. and Virginia McNabb Winger of Asheville, N.C., he is survived by his two children, Caroline Elizabeth "Carly" Winger and Daniel Winger of Asheville; his former wife, Teresa Murphy Winger of Asheville; a brother, Eric "Rick" Winger and his wife, Linda, of Savannah, Georgia; two nephews and two cousins.
A memorial service was held Jan. 27 at Groce Funeral Home at Lake Julian, N.C.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Manna Food Bank, 627 Swannanoa River Road, Asheville, NC 28805; Four Seasons Hospice, 571 South Allen Road, Flat Rock, NC 28731; or Pardee Hospital, 800 North Justice Street, Hendersonville, NC 28791.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...