Home drives JCPenney performance
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/16/2002 2:47:00 PM
Plano, TX — In a conference call discussing the second quarter performance earlier this week, Vanessa Castagna, chairman and ceo of JCPenney stores, catalog and Internet, said that home was a leader in the department store's merchandise groups paced by the expanded housewares department, bed, bath and window areas.
Gross margins in the stores, overall, improved and the quarter ended with lower than planned inventories.
For the catalog/Internet side of the business, home outperformed the balance of the merchandise divisions, Castagna said. Catalog sales, which dropped 21.4 percent for the quarter, are expected to turn up by mid-2003, Castagna said. The catalog division, she added, is looking to new media and specialty catalogs and will add back some clearance media.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...