Scalamandré to Auction Archives Online
Highlights include White House Fabric
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/17/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Luxury fabric and wall covering supplier Scalamandré will offer archival fabrics and artifacts in its first-ever online auction, to run April 19-27; items can be previewed at www.lldspecialtysales.com.
The items will be drawn from the archives of the Scalamandré Textile Museum and will include custom designed silk, inspirational art work, historical fabrics from the world's most famous restoration projects and other pieces.
Highlights include several White House fabric lots including two shuttle looms, and silk lampas samples that are the original working samples for chairs in the Blue Room, designed by Adriana Scalamandré Bitter for Jacqueline Kennedy's White House restoration initiative that later became a landmark television special.
LLD Specialty Sales of Portsmouth, R.I., is conducting the online auction. All the items are authenticated and vetted by Robert Bitter, president of Scalamandré. Two additional auctions are planned, for August and early fall.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...