Casalino updates offering of bedding, soft tabletop
By Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 11/4/2002 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Casalino showcased an array of high-end luxury sheets and top-of-bed and coordinating soft tabletop items and bath accessories to buyers for the first time at the New York Home Textiles Show here.
"We took classic patterns and oversized them, making them more modern and giving them more of a contemporary feel," said Sylvia de Martino, partner and design director.
Inverse, Top-stitch, Zig-Zag and Quad all pair those themes with simple, elegant colors and all-linen, all-cotton and linen/cotton constructions.
"We expect our earliest buyers will be from small boutiques, but we're hoping for a private label with department and specialty stores or with a catalog," de Martino told HTT. "One of our goals is to get a stronger sense of who our market will be."
Casalino gets all of its products through a manufacturing partnership with an Italian manufacturer that has facilities in Milan and Florence. Another factory, jointly owned and operated by both companies, is planned in Sardinia, Italy.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...