Rice of Barrow Industries Dies
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/16/2006 12:00:00 AM
Norwood, Mass. — —
Norwood, Mass. —Services were held Thursday, Oct. 5 for Michael C. Rice, executive vp of Barrow Industries, who died Sept. 30.
Rice, a lifelong veteran of the textiles and home furnishings business, began his career in Norwalk, Mass. at Norwalk Furniture. He left the manufacturing side of the business to work for Rossville/Chromatex in fabric sales before joining Barrow Industries in 1990 as vp of sales for the Merrimac Textile division.
“Michael was an extremely gifted individual who was respected by everyone he met in our industry, whether it was on the furniture side, the home furnishings side or the fabric side of the business,” said Jeffrey Barrow, president. “We have truly lost a dean of the textile industry.”
Rice is survived by his wife Martha, sons Casey and Mathew, and grandchild Blake.
Donations in his memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, Central NE region, 18 Tremont Street, Suite 700, Boston, Mass. 02108.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...