Federated names Osborn Macy’s Home Store president
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/26/2005 1:45:00 PM
CINCINNATI -- Federated Department Stores, Inc. has named Michael Osborn president and chief operating officer of its Macy's Home Store division, effective Aug. 8.
Osborn, currently president and chief operating officer of the San Francisco-based Macy's West division, will join Timothy Adams, who recently was named chairman and CEO of Macy's Home Store.
He reports to Federated Vice Chair Janet Grove
Osborn began his retailing career in the data processing area at Bullock's, then a division of Federated, in 1974. He became vice president of operations for Bullock's in 1984, and in 1989 moved to Burdines as senior vice president of operations. In 1993, Osborn was named executive vice president of administration at Stern's, then a separate division of Federated based in Paramus, N.J. He was named president and chief operating officer of Burdines in 1994, and president of Macy's West in June 2002.
Macy's Home Store, established in 2004, is responsible for the centralized buying, merchandising and marketing of home furnishings for the company's 423 Macy's stores nationwide.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...