JCPenney drops big books
-- Home Textiles Today, 11/18/2009 12:39:00 PM
Plano, Texas – JCPenney will stop publishing its twice a year big book catalogs. Instead it will focus on targeted specialty catalogs, the Internet and social media. The Christmas catalog, however, will continue.
“Big book catalogs have become less relevant as customers have embraced shopping online, where they have ready access to our entire assortment at any time on jcp.com," said Mike Boylson, executive vice president and chief marketing officer.
JCPenney has more than 500,000 Facebook friends and earlier this year launched an iPhone app. The company also reaches millions of consumers through its opt-in e-mail alert system.
The retailer's specialty catalogs fall into three categories: home, women’s apparel and accessories, and men’s.
JCPenney said the strategic move would also have an upside environmentally. The company expects to reduce its 2010 paper consumption 25% to 30% by eliminating the big books.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...