Wearbest Goes Velvet
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/29/2007 12:00:00 AM
Garfield, N.J — —
Garfield, N.J — Jacquard producer Wearbest Sil-Tex Mills is introducing a major line of velvets. The proprietary collection, Meyer Velvets, is being produced in a relationship with a mill in Turkey. “We have the proprietary distribution for the United States as well as the exclusive worldwide distribution for our constructions,” said Irwin Gasner, president and ceo. The collection was named after his father, Meyer Gasner, the company founder.
The initial collection comprises 40 designs, all viscose with polyester warps. They will be shown in ebony, black and neutrals for Showtime in December. Full color blankets will be shown to specific jobber customers for their selection, he noted.
The designs “will have the Wearbest signature look with designs ranging from traditional to transitional, and will include solids, textures, geometrics and traditional motifs,” Gasner explained. Some of the designs were inspired by the archives from his father's career supplying the men's apparel industry, and have been created by the Wearbest team in New York. The vast majority of the constructions pass all contract specs and an FR backing also is available. All pass heavy duty residential specs.
The velvet launch follows the earlier debut of Wearbest's silk jacquards and will complement and coordinate with that group.
The jacquard velvets are $17.95. The fabrics will be woven to order, and shipped to Wearbest here for quality assurance, then shipped to customers.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...