Springs to bolster its design dept.
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/7/2002 9:00:00 AM
Fort Mill, SC — Beefing up its design department as it steadily grows its business in new product categories, Springs Industries Inc. has brought back high-profile designer Gary Filippone, who had earlier been a senior designer at Wamsutta, and has promoted Nancy Webster to the new post of senior vp for creative development.
Filippone, who joins Springs as vp of design, had been a senior designer for many years at Wamsutta/Pacific, before that home fashions producer was acquired by Springs Industries, and continued to work at Springs for some time before taking a job as design chief at The Bibb Company.
After The Bibb Company was acquired by Dan River Inc., he worked there briefly, and most recently was vp and director of design at The Robert Allen Group. In his new Springs post, Filippone will be responsible for all account-specific design. He holds a B.F.A. in textile design from Syracuse University.
"The incredible design expertise that Gary brings to Springs will be invaluable," said Webster.
As Springs continues to grow its business in new product areas, most recently through the acquisition of Burlington House, Webster was promoted to the new post of senior vp for creative development. She will have functional oversight for product design across all categories.
Webster joined Springs in 1998 as vp of creative development, bed and bath. She had earlier been design director at Fieldcrest Cannon Inc.
"Nancy has demonstrated a unique ability to identify and translate design trends into products that have broad appeal throughout the market as well as fit the specific needs of our customers," said Tom Gaffney, senior vp and president of merchandising.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...