Sferra looks East, and West
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/13/2008 10:57:00 AM
New York – For two new collections Sferra Bros. will premiere at the New York International Gift Fair in August, the fine linen maker is looking on the one hand to the ornate styles of the East and on the other to the cool chic of 1960s Las Vegas.
The Italian-made Sferra line will introduce the Shangri-La Collection. Emerson is a yarn-dyed Egyptian cotton sateen jacquard featuring Moorish-inspired flowers and arches on duvet covers and shams with punto ombra hem treatments. Alanya features elaborate medallions reminiscent of Turkish designs on duvet covers and shams, also finished with punto ombra hems.
Pillows for Shangri-La beds include Ilsa, a dupioni silk with embroidered leaves and flowers; Blair, a soft 100% linen pillow; and Chestnut, a neutral vine damask embroidery with woven piping.
The 1891 by Sferra line will debut the High Life Collection, with a nod toward the personalities that defined Vegas in the mid 20th century.
The Blue Eyes ensemble features a sateen duvet cover and shams set with geometric patterns of organic colors on a dark walnut ground. The Martin sheets feature an intricate, all-over mosaic pattern. The Bishop quilt and shams features a chevron pattern; and the Garland bed skirt features inverted pleats and elaborate embroidery.
The Mai Tai duvet cover and sham set carries a print of abstract bright gold and green blooms on a rouge ground. Highball sheets are detailed with blossoms and rouge piping. The Gimlet quilt and shams in avocado are etched with floral and leaf embroidery. The Sidebar bed skirt is ruffled and embroidered.
In addition to bedding introductions, the company will debut a new product: Sferra Crystal Cloth 100% linen towels for drying crystal and other stemware. Linen leaves no lint behind and is highly absorbent.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...