By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/27/2006 12:00:00 AM
Sears Recruits Home Exec St. Aubin
Home furnishings retailing veteran executive Bob St. Aubin has joined Sears as vp in the home fashions division.
Most recently senior vp at May Department Stores in the home proprietary brands division, he earlier was with Liberty House, now part of Macy's, and the former Pacific Linens. Sears officials declined to specify St. Aubin's duties.
Sears Buys Bigger Sears Canada Share
Sears Holdings' wholly owned subsidiary SHLD Acquisition Corp. has acquired about 10% of Sears Canada, bringing the total Sears Holdings share to about 63% overall.
The expiration date of the main Sears Canada takeover offer was extended to 8 p.m. on March 31. The price for that tender remains at C$16.86.
Danish Investor Buys Pier 1 UK/Ireland
Pier 1 Imports has sold its United Kingdom and Ireland operating division to Dutch retail investor Jakup a Dul Jacobsen for approximately $15 million, Pier 1 said. Two months ago, Jacobsen purchased 9.9% of Pier 1. Through his Iceland-based Lagerinn, Jacobsen acquired The Pier Retail Group, which operates more than 40 Pier 1 stores and concessions in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...