Former Cotton Inc. svp Abes dies at 73
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/9/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Richard Abes, former Cotton Incorporated senior vice president of administration and assistant to the president, died in Bellmore, N.Y. last week after a long illness. He was 73.
Abes was one of the first employees hired by Cotton Incorporated in 1970 at its inception. His first position with the company was as director of home furnishings and industrial marketing. He retired from Cotton Incorporated in 1995.
Abes is survived by his wife, Elaine, two daughters, Karen and Lisa, and a son, Jonathan.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...