AmericasMart Readies for Rug Market
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/14/2009 12:00:00 AM
In support of the upcoming International Area Rug Market in early January, the AmericasMart has scheduled a number of special programs for retailers and suppliers.
Retailers and designers are invited to celebrate the opening of the market at the Exhibitor Open House Reception at 4 p.m. on opening day, Jan. 7.
Among the highlights is the National Oriental Rug Show, which runs in line with the market. It is presented on the second floor of Building 1 and includes some temporary exhibits and displays.
Two other special events include: the Museum of Introductions (MOI), a showing of new product introductions presented in sophisticated settings; and Acrobatique, the 2010 America's Magnificent Carpets Awards — sponsored by Architectural Digest — and honoring some of the best new product introductions from suppliers. The latter event, scheduled at 6 p.m. Jan. 9 at the Marriott Atlanta Marquis Atrium Ballroom, will offer cocktails as well as a show by the Peking Acrobats.
Additionally, AmericasMart will host rug-specific seminars within its AmericasMart University (AMU) education program. Topics and sessions for this coming market include:
Does Selling Oriental Rugs Have You Tied in Knots? This seminar focuses on how Oriental rugs are made and discusses the events in the past 50 years that have profoundly impacted the product, where it is sold and what it sells for. This is an ASID-approved seminar worth 0.1 CEU credit.Are You Pushing Your Customers to the Competition? This is geared toward design and home furnishing professionals who want to get the whole house by re-learning the fundamentals of service.
This is an ASID-approved seminar worth 0.1 CEU credit.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...