K.I.D.S. Charity Reaps Donations at ABC Show
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/5/2009 12:00:00 AM
New York —
The charity Kids in Distressed Situations secured nearly $330,000 worth of juvenile product at this year's ABC Kids Expo, with more than 100 exhibitors donating show inventory at the end of the event. The non-profit also received a $150,000 grant from All Baby & Child, which organizes the show.
The new product donations were distributed to homeless shelters, centers for abused and neglected children and other programs through the Las Vegas social services system. Much of the juvenile product was also distributed to local military bases.
"We are so grateful to ABC and the exhibitors for their ongoing support of children and families in need," said Peter Rosenthal, K.I.D.S. board chairman.
"K.I.D.S. provides an opportunity for the industry to 'Give Back in Brand New Ways' as we say," he continued. "The need is greater than ever before, and juvenile-related products are in high demand, especially among the populations our agencies serve."
The new product collected includes toys, blankets, baby bottles, cribs, bedding, furniture, strollers, car seats, books and other items.
K.I.D.S. also announced that it will continue providing help to military families and others in need, thanks to donations of juvenile products from the ABC Kids Expo exhibitors and the grant from ABC. This is the fourth year in a row that ABC has provided the grant, helping K.I.D.S. to distribute over $6 million worth of donated juvenile product in that time.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...