Oh, the Joy of it all, on Cotton's new site
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/17/2003 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Cotton Inc. will launch an e-commerce Web site — TheJoyofShopping.com — for consumers in the first quarter of 2004.
The site will be the company's first foray into e-commerce, connecting cotton and cotton blend products with more than 85 retailers. It currently operates the Web site, TheFabricofOurLives.com, as a marketing activity.
The marketing site will link users to the e-commerce site, "and adds another dimension to our media plan, supplementing our TV and magazine advertising," said J. Berrye Worsham, president and ceo of Cotton Inc. The site will enable the company "to provide an avenue for shopping for products from any participating retailer or manufacturer with an electronic catalog," he added.
The Cotton Inc. Web site will link consumers with retailers by product categories such as home furnishings, and subcategories within them. Customers also can specify price points, online retailer or specific item.
There will be no advertising on the site or sponsor-driven listing of results. To purchase an item, consumers are linked to the appropriate retailers' sites.
There also will be a "wish list" which allows consumers to continue browsing without losing the items they have chosen. The "wish list" remains intact until the user chooses to buy the product or remove it.
The Web site has a database of 25,000 skus available from retailers including Wal-Mart, Sears, Kmart, Linens 'n Things, Kohl's, BlueFly and Eddie Bauer.
Cotton also is celebrating the 30th anniversary of its Seal of Cotton trademark. The Seal of Cotton has reached consumer penetration with eight of 10 consumers recognizing the Seal, said Worsham.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...