By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/16/2003 12:00:00 AM
American Century names vp
ARCHDALE, NC — George Kerr has joined American Century Home Fabrics as vp, a new position.
Kerr, who headed Decorama Desley Cortley, is responsible for developing the company's home fashions line of fabrics and cut and sew items in China including top of the bed, window, and decorative pillows, according to Tom Finneran, president. Kerr reports to Finneran.
The new line will include a range of fabrics from basic to ornate designs and constructions, Finneran explained, and will be offered in widths from 54 inches to 130 inches. The Chinese-based company, owned by Jason and Kathy Chaun, is building a cut and sew facility for both home fashions and furniture in Hangzhou. American Century has had facilities in the United States for a year in Mississippi and at its headquarters here. The company started nine years ago with operations in Europe, Central and South America, Australia and New Zealand.
Crestmont promotes Jervis to vp
HAUPPAUGE, NY — Stewart Jervis has been promoted to vp, sales at Crestmont Fabrics, a new post.
Stewart, who continues to report to Paul Harris, ceo, is heading an expanded sales team. Mark Stein, formerly of Lanscot-Arlen, has joined the company in the new position as regional sales manager for the Northeast.
International Supply Agency's Eileen Trovato and Doug Trovato, formerly of Lanscot-Arlen, will now represent Crestmont on the West Coast.
Andrew Markel and Mark Garber continue as sales representatives for the South and Midwest, respectively. In addition, the company will announce new agency agreements for export during Decosit in September in Brussels, Belgium, Jervis added.
The company also has acquired 35 new designs for the home furnishings and apparel markets, he said.
The Robert Allen Group
NEW YORK — Marion Murray will join The Robert Allen Group as vp as well as head of the New York studio.
Murray, who will join the company on July 7, has been director of design for the Bloomcraft division of P/Kaufmann and the outdoor fabric line for P/Kaufmann. She succeeds Richard Langone, design director, who has joined Springs.
Murray will be responsible for Robert Allen@Home, Ametex, parts of the contract design business and the home textiles design.
She reports to Andy Pacuk, senior vp, product design and merchandising. No successor has been named at this time.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...