Wal-Mart Alters Board
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/5/2008 12:00:00 AM
Bentonville, Ark. —
Wal-Mart Stores has nominated two new director candidates to replace two current directors who will not stand for re-election at the June 6 annual meeting.
Jack Shewmaker and Roland Hernandez will be stepping down.
Nominated are Gregory Penner, a general partner at the investment management firm Madrone Capital Partners, and who served as Wal-Mart Japan svp and cfo from 2002 to 2005; and Arne Sorenson, evp and cfo of Marriott International.
"I wish to express our thanks to Jack Shewmaker and Roland Hernandez for their many years of service to our company and our board," said Rob Walton, chairman of the board. "Jack has served our board since 1977, and Roland has been with the board for 10 years. We are grateful for their leadership and counsel during their tenure as directors, and the company will benefit from their contributions for years to come."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...