Hoffman Named to Lead Lord & Taylor
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/13/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Hudson's Bay Trading Company (HBTC) has named Brendan L. Hoffman president and ceo of upscale specialty unit Lord & Taylor; he takes over the posts held for the past nine years by Jane Elfers, effective Oct. 6.
Hoffman was most recently president and ceo of Neiman Marcus Direct, a post he took on in 2002. He began his retail career in the executive training program at L&T, and rose to dmm, men's furnishings. He held a similar post at Bergdorf Goodman, then joined Neiman Marcus as vp of the Last Call clearance division.
Hoffman will report to Jeffrey Sherman, president and ceo of Hudson's Bay Co.
HBTC ceo Richard Baker said, "Jeff's leadership is integral to creating a world class retail organization, and with Brendan heading up Lord & Taylor, Bonnie Brooks heading up The Bay, and Mark Foote heading up Zeller's, we now have the team in place to do just that."
Elfers has left as of the end of her contract. Also departing L&T is Mark Weikel, who joined as coo in April 2007.
HBTC also owns Fortunoff and is expected to begin introducing into L&T departments based on Fortunoff's home décor and jewelry businesses.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...