Asian, Tribal & Textile Shows Provide Inspiration
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/20/2008 12:00:00 AM
San Francisco —
The historic Fort Mason Center here is gearing up for two special exhibition events in early February that include artworks and textiles available for licensing, wholesale and retail distribution.
First on the agenda is the opening of the 13th annual San Francisco Arts of Pacific Asia show, which returns to the Center Feb. 6-8 with 85 of the top international dealers in museum-quality Asian Arts participating. More than 10,000 museum-quality objects of art, artifacts, antiques and contemporary pieces from around the globe will occupy more than 35,000 square feet.
The world-renowned galleries scheduled to be in the show provide extensive information on the pieces shown and the cultures from which they originate. Many of the exhibitors have placed their pieces in top museums and frequently lecture at both universities and museums.
The gala opening night benefit for the Asian Art Museum will feature Chinese stilt walkers, lion dancers, music and other festivities.
Soon after, on Feb. 13-15, will come the 23rd annual San Francisco Tribal & Textile Arts Show, also at the Center. Pre-1940s tribal, textile and folk art will be on display .
The event each year brings together an array of sculptures, accessories and antiques from Southeast Asia, the Oceanic Islands, the Middle East, Central and South America, Africa, the Cook and Solomon Islands, Polynesia and Indonesia. The quality and breadth appeal stems from respected tribal and textile arts dealers.
Some 100 internationally renowned art dealers and galleries will participate.
The opening night benefit will be a gala for the de Young Museum's Art of Africa, Oceania and the Americas and the Textiles galleries.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...