Valdese raises $25,000 with Old Glory sales
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/28/2002 12:00:00 AM
VALDESE, NC —
Sales of Old Glory, a chenille fabric depiction of the American flag, have reached $25,000, which will be donated to the American Red Cross by Valdese Weavers. The design was derived from the experiences of Valdese executives on Sept. 11, 2001, and resulted in fabric available to the marketplace for the October International Home Furnishings Market.
The fabric's yarns were dyed specially to match the colors of the American flag, and more than 15,000 yards were produced and sold to more than 30 customers in all segments of the home furnishings market.
Valdese designated the American Red Cross as the recipient of the proceeds, and "once the proceeds reached the $25,000 mark, coupled with the anniversary of Sept. 11, it was time to share these funds," said Mike Shelton, Valdese president.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...