ShopNBC Appoints Garrubbo to Board
-- Home Textiles Today, 8/17/2009 12:00:00 AM
Multi-channel electronic retailer ShopNBC has appointed Edwin P. Garrubbo, a direct response veteran, to the company's board of directors.
The appointment became effective July 24.
Garrubbo currently serves as ceo of Creative Commerce LLC, an investment and strategy firm with more than 50 years of combined experience in the direct response industry. Prior to that, he served as ceo of American Telecast Product, LLC, where he helped launch more than a dozen celebrity-driven direct response television campaigns, including Christie Brinkley and Chuck Norris for Total Gym, Suzanne Somers, Cher, Victoria Jackson, and Jane Fonda, among others. Garrubbo began his professional career as an attorney at the Washington D.C.-based law firm Venable working in its new media and marketing practice group.
Other highlights in his career include his role as chairman of the Electronic Retailing Association in 2008. During his tenure, he shifted the focus of the 450-member trade association, largely consisting of direct response marketers, to include a broader assortment of new media marketing and e-commerce companies.
He was also a founding member in 2005 of ERA Europe and served on its board through 2007.
“Because of his extensive knowledge of multi-channel retailing, proven industry experience, and global contacts, he makes a wonderful addition [to our board],” said Keith Stewart, ShopNBC's ceo and also a member of its board. “We look forward to benefiting from his guidance and insight, along with his innovative ability to identify product development opportunities for our premium lifestyle shopping channel.”
Garrubbo said he is “excited to play a role in helping guide the company as it continues to position itself in the industry as an authority and destination for shoppers seeking premium lifestyle products across home, fashion, beauty, jewelry and watch categories. ShopNBC is poised to change the face of electronic retailing as it exists today, and I look forward to its bright future.”
ShopNBC reaches 73 million homes in the United States via cable and satellite television, and programming is also streamed live on the web at www.ShopNBC.TV. Its companion Internet site is www.ShopNBC.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...