Blair Consolidating Returns Operations
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/4/2006 12:00:00 AM
Warren, Pa. —
Blair Corporation, the $450 million multi-channel direct marketer of apparel and home products, plans to close its leased Returns Center in Erie, Pa., and move all returns operations to the Blair Distribution Complex in Irvine, Pa., approximately seven miles from headquarters.
Blair officials said technological improvements and productivity enhancements at the Irvine facility will enable the company to process returns and redistribute merchandise to its inventory more efficiently.
"Blair is continuing its process of aligning facilities in appropriate balance to sales, said Randall Scalise, vp, fulfillment. He added that technological improvements in Blair's material handling systems and improved productivity have reduced both space and labor requirements at the Irvine complex.
Since 2001, Blair has expanded fulfillment operations to encompass its merchandise distribution center and former mailing center, creating a complex totaling over 800,000 square feet. Blair has invested approximately $23 million.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...