Showtime Dates Shifting from Jan. to Dec.
2005 Show Dates to Remain as Previously Announced
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/21/2005 12:00:00 AM
High Point, N.C. — —
High Point, N.C. — The semi-annual Showtime decorative fabrics show here will change its timing from January and July to December and June, effective with the previously scheduled January 2006 show, which now will be held from Dec. 11 to Dec. 14, 2005.
The summer 2005 Showtime dates will remain as scheduled from July 10-13. All Showtime events now are scheduled to start on Sunday at noon and run through Wednesday at 6 p.m.
Following 2005, the dates will be June 4 through June 7 and Dec. 3 through Dec. 6. From then on, Showtime will be held the first weeks of June and December.
The International Textile Market Association (ITMA) surveyed both its exhibitors and visitors to see what appeared to be a general shift in the industry. “The response was overwhelmingly in favor of the changes — 77 percent of those surveyed moved to change the dates; 55 percent voted to move to June and December,” said Jack Cobb, president of ITMA and of American Decorative Fabrics.
As fabric sourcing has changed, “global sourcing has forced our customers to deal with many supply chain issues at the same time,” he noted. “In order to pull it together, they have to get started earlier. We want to make Showtime more relevant to our customers, and the attendees makeup has changed over the years.”
Pegging the December dates to early in the month, Cobb noted, “is intended to allay any concerns about the holidays later.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...