Williams-Sonoma rolling out another new format
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/6/2006 12:52:00 PM
San Francisco -- Williams-Sonoma will launch this fall a new store format -- Pottery Barn Bed & Bath, the company said during its presentation at the Raymond James 27th annual institutional investors conference today.
With this new format under the PB brand, the company expects to "replicate at retail the success we have had in our direct business with our Pottery Barn Bed & Bath catalog and e-commerce sales," explained Patrick Connolly, evp, chief marketing officer. Store locations and scheduled openings will be announced in the near future.
Also related to Pottery Barn, the company in April will test a new outdoor catalog that will show related merchandise "in a way never presented before," Connolly said.
For its most recently launched retail unit, Williams-Sonoma Home, strategies for 2006 include customer service enhancements, speedier delivery of customer upholstered furniture to 45 days from 16 weeks, and better focus in merchandising to build out its upholstery, dining and bedroom assortments, and "especially a refocus on bed and bath textiles, which were a great entry point to the brand," Connolly said.
West Elm continues to be the company's fastest growing emerging band. It will march onward in the same stride it took last year, with refinements in color palette, furniture and fabric offerings to reach a more diverse customer base. Textiles and floor coverings are two categories poised for expansion at West Elm.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...