Bon Marche appointments
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/21/2001 12:00:00 AM
Seattle — The Bon Marche has announced the promotion of several executives, as well as the implementation of a new initiative, Six Sigma, a disciplined management technique that focuses on developing and delivering "near-perfect" products and services.
Janet Qualiotto has been appointed dvp, Six Sigma, to head the new initiative. Formerly dvp, merchandise manager, special sizes, she now reports to Dan Edelman, chairman and ceo.
Six Sigma focuses on three key quality issues — customer, process and employee — meaning that the customer defines quality, the process forces a view of the business from the customer's perspective, and employees are involved in creating results, the Bon Marche said.
Gina Bernal, formerly dvp, tabletop, will fill Qualiotto's former position as of Dec. 31, and Jerry Hatfield will replace Bernal as dvp, merchandise manager of tabletop.
Scott Hessler has been appointed svp, gmm, Homeworld, which was previously filled by Hatfield. Formerly svp of planning, Hessler will continue to report to Peter Sachse, president. With more than 25 years in the retail industry, Hessler joined the Bon Marche in 2000 after positions including chairman and ceo of Pacific Linen, and others with such companies as May Department Stores and Macy's East.
In addition, Fiona Bulen was promoted to svp, planning, effective Dec. 31, filling Hessler's former position. Reporting to Sachse, she was previously divisional vp, planning, ready to wear.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...