Tuesday Morning posts loss
-- Home Textiles Today, 10/27/2009 6:49:00 AM
Dallas – Tuesday Morning today reported a first-quarter loss of $4.7 million, or 11 cents per share. That was slightly wider than last year’s first-quarter loss of $4.3 million, or 10 cents per share.
Sales for the quarter ended Sept. 30 fell 4.3% to $165.9 million. Comps dropped 5.8% owing to a 1.7% decline in traffic and a 4.1% decrease in average ticket.
The 850-store retailer offered little commentary with the results. "We are encouraged by the positive trends we experienced in September,” said Kathleen Mason, president and ceo. She did not describe those trends.
Inventory, expenses and payroll were all down compared to the year-ago quarter. The company whacked its revolver balance by 85% on a year-over-year basis to $5.3 million and had $130.9 million in availability under its credit facility at the end of September.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...