UNITE elects Bruce Raynor president
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/8/2001 11:55:00 AM
NEW YORK — The general executive board of the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE) voted unanimously to elect Bruce Raynor as president of UNITE, North America's leading apparel, textile and laundry union, effective July 1. Raynor, who has served as UNITE secretary-treasurer since 1998, replaces retiring president Jay Mazur at the helm of the 250,000-member union. In addition, UNITE executive vp Edgar Romney was elected to replace Raynor as secretary-treasurer. Vice president William Lee was elected to fill the open executive vp position. UNITE represents workers throughout the United States and Canada in apparel, textile, laundry and other related industries.
Said Raynor, "I am confident that UNITE will continue to meet the difficult challenges we face and become an even stronger union. This will mean focusing on organizing and growing the union in key industries where we have strength; fighting to preserve jobs and building strong, active locals where members feel real ownership of their union; standing up for the rights of immigrant workers; and ensuring that our members interests are represented at every level on the political arena."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...