IFDA panel: “Inside the Show House Business”
-- Home Textiles Today, 4/24/2009 12:48:00 PM
|Charles Pavarini III|
New York -- The New York Chapter of the International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA) will host a panel discussion on “Inside the Show House Business” on May 1 at the Steelcase Showroom, 4 Columbus Circle, near 58th Street.
|Eileen Kathryn Boyd|
The event starts with a cocktail networking reception from 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. followed by a designer panel discussion until 5:30 p.m.
Featured panelists include three of this year’s Kips Bay Decorator Show House participants: Jamie Drake, Eileen Kathryn Boyd and Charles Pavarini III. Each will discuss their experiences in preparing for this major event and how it impacts their business.
Drake will discuss managing expenses to get maximum exposure as well as how creating "design magic" in a showhouse becomes the best marketing tool for the project. Boyd will talk about dealing with unforeseen mishaps and pressure. Pavarini will focus on time management and how to implement plans in a cohesive and timely manner. A question and answer session will follow.
IFDA is also offering tickets at special rates for May 1 admission to the 37th Kips Bay Decorator Show House – which opens at 11:00 a.m . The show is located in a five-story townhouse at 22 East 71st St.
Tickets for IFDA members are $25 in advance or $30 at the door while guests are $27 in advance and $30 at the door.
To attend the Designer Networking Reception later in the day, tickets for IFDA members are $25 in advance or $35 at the door while guests are $40 in advance and $50 at the door. IFDA student members cost is $10 in advance and $20 at the door, non-member student prices are $15 in advance and $25 at the door.
Call 212-686-6020 or email email@example.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...