Bon-Ton holds back on CEO announcement
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/26/2004 12:00:00 AM
YORK, Pa. - Bon-Ton Stores said its board will postpone the naming of a new chief executive officer.
The company originally intended to name the new CEO following its regularly scheduled board meeting this week. The board decided to postpone the move due to the recent medical leave of Bud Bergren, vice chairman. Bergren, whose leave was unexpected, was "a leading candidate under consideration," according to Tim Grumbacher, current CEO and chairman.
"The Board feels it must delay the decision pending Bud's recovery," Grumbacher added. "In the meantime, I will continue in my active role as chairman and CEO, and our strong management team is committed to completing the Elder-Beerman integration and implementing the 2004 operating plan."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...