Surfing, Purple Key in Hilfiger Home
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 3/22/2010 12:00:00 AM
New York —
The fall 2010 Tommy Hilfiger Home bedding collection commemorates the designer's 25th anniversary on the fashion scene.
The collection of eight beds reflects two design influences: the appeal of the outdoors/surfing community; and classic, but fashion-forward Hilfiger themes.
In coloring, purple is a key new hue in the bedding palette, from plum to deep violet.
In the former grouping is Cayden that most clearly defines the approach to the surfing crowd with vintage surfboard prints in signature Tommy colors — navy and Kelly green. The cotton sheets have a blue triangle print and the bed sports a Tommy embroidered signature. Retail is $169 for the queen.
Avery, another bed inspired by the wave-riding set, is a fresh interpretation of plaid in plum, citron and white with bold plum stripes and gray zigzags. The Tommy signature is once again a key feature. The fabric is a microfiber polyester that evokes a sueded finish. The queen is $169.
Hilfiger Heritage is a classic Tommy look influenced by Americana with a red, white and blue plaid with white top stitching and border detail. The cotton sheets in stripes and solids can be mixed. A stamped anchor and gingham cuffs are added embellishments. The queen is $189.
Winter White, a vibrant, allover floral, is set against classic ivory bedding. Coordinated printed sheets and decorative pillows have a diamond hem detail, while the pillows also sport embroidered flowers and appliqués. The print reverses to a ticking stripe. The queen is $189.
A simple classic design with a modern touch is seen in Davis, with a navy dip-dye effect on the preppy plaid microfiber polyester comforter. Sheets are matching green and yellow line print. The queen is $169.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...